lördag 10 januari 2009

Into the west... oh right, east.


You know that scene from one of the endings of The Return of The King? Frodo's departure at the Grey Havens, when everything looks shiny, and everybody's sad but kind of glad too? I've been re-enacting that scene several times over the last couple of days, and it's painful. 
I'm excited about the whole Japan-thing, but being away from the people I love is not cool. I suppose I'll be able to give a better assessment of how uncool it is in a week or so, but right now, I'm a sad bear.

I'm just about done packing, so I guess the next time I write something here, I'll be in Tokyo. Possibly Denmark. Maybe Portugal if I get lost at the airport. We'll see.

2 kommentarer:

leif sa...

best of luck, frodo

beardonaut sa...

Look. You're going to Tokyo. I don't care if you only get to sleep an hour a night. You WILL document this trip in some way that will allow all us envious mortals to follow your exploits.