söndag 11 januari 2009

Arrival and excitement

Okay, I'm here now.

The trip from Stockholm began about four days ago (well, maybe not that long. But it takes a good few hours.) After a brief flight to Copenhagen, I bought four hours of wifi-time, and learned to appreciate Skype. I hope to use it extensively during my stay here in the Land of Heated Toilet Seats. 

Having spent waaaay more time at Denmark's international airport than I should ever wish to, I made my way to the gate, where I more or less stumbled upon two fellow Swedes. 
One has been living in Tokyo for three months, the other is just beginning his first year here. Long story short, we have common friends at home and ended up hanging out all the way to Shinagawa station. I think I'll be seeing more of them both.

The house I live in, where I will stay for the next six weeks, is situated in Kugahara. It lies a ways away from central Tokyo, to the southwest. I have yet to explore my surroundings, but my walk from the train station hinted at a very quiet neighborhood with small houses and – gasp! – some greenery.

In an hour or so I will have dinner with the other students staying here, so more about them later.

Okay, I'm here now.

Inga kommentarer: