söndag 8 mars 2009

Weak end.

Yesterday was a very long day. Most of it was fun.

I got up bright and early because it's my turn to handle the garbage disposal here in our communist collective. Japan has a very strict and somewhat confusing system of dividing trash by their ability to burn, or be recycled. I'm not sure anyone gets it right, but I'm pretty sure we don't.
At noon I met an old collegue in Harajuku. She's been visiting Tokyo over the weekend, so I had offered my services as a guide. As it turns out, I do know my way around Tokyo, but giving a general tour of the choice locations in the city in less than a day is difficult work. 
We did alot of walking, saw Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Akihabara, and they did some modest shopping. So I think it went well.
It was nice to see a familiar face, too.

When they had seen enough for one day, we parted ways and I headed for Shibuya, to converge with Nathalie and our new japanese friend Kyouhei, who we met at the Café-thing a couple of weeks ago. 
He was one of the many friendly people we spoke to, and helped us get back home (well, tried to…)
Apparently, Kyouhei's friend's band was playing Shibuya AX, so he wondered if we wanted to tag along. Guest list and everything.
Now, I'm not very down with concert venues in Tokyo. I basically don't know any. But Shibuya AX is pretty big. Even bigger is Come Back My Daughter (epic name), the "friend's band" that we saw perform. They were nothing special, or even that good, but I was just excited to see some live music. 
After two and a half hours (!!!) they decided to go home, but we didn't. Even though my body was pretty much devastated from walking and standing for eleven hours, with barely anything to eat, I figured "Aw hell, what are saturdays for, if not staying up all night?"
So we promptly followed Kyouhei to the second gig, a club in Shimokitazawa where yet another friend was set to play around midnight. 
After some much-needed Moss Burger indulgence, we dove into the smokey basement of the Shelter. Dark, hot, inviting. And we got to be on the guest list again.
This was around twelve o'clock, and for the next five hours we were treated to a very random concoction of japanese music, from hip hop to… some sort of keytar-club-shit. I wasn't paying that close attention. 
And for once I managed to get off the Yamanote train at the right stop. We got home at about six.

Today, I've enjoyed a few hours of disturbed and uneasy sleep. And made food! Mmm… rice.

Me, Fredrik and Anna with three japanese students of english, who gave us a spontaneous tour of the Meiji shrine in Yoyogi park.

CBMD and a really good crowd.

Nathalie and Kyouhei – diggin' on some ripe tunes.

Around five AM, ready to throw in the towel.

Inga kommentarer: