torsdag 12 februari 2009

Home swede home

Yesterday we had a day off from school (I think it's Japan's birthday or something like that) so me and the other blondes-and-blue-eyes thought it would be a great opportunity to visit Ikea.
Good ol' Ikea. Founded by genuine man's man Ingvar Kamprad, it's one of Sweden's main cultural exports, providing people all over the world with simple, cheap furniture with names like VIBBYN, GUNGHULT or ASPVIK. 
Such is the case in Japan. There are two Ikeas that I know of in Tokyo, and one of them is located not too far from where I live. 
Seeing as how I'm moving in less than ten days, I figured I'd better equip myself with some bedsheets and a towel (simply because I had neither.)

I could give many fascinating details about the day, but I won't. The gist of it is, I got lost. Horribly, insufferably lost. First, on the way to Ikea. 
I was supposed to walk to a bus-station, about fifteen minutes. After two and a half hours of walking aimlessly through Ota and Setagaya, I found the busstop and had to wait there for 40 minutes.
Then, after gathering my goods amongst the somewhat confusing aisles of the Palace of Pinewood, I got back on the bus. However, this was a different bus, that didn't return to where I came from. No, this bus went to Yokohama.
As usual, a map will instantly tell you just what an insanely fucking long detour I took just to get to Ikea and back. 
From Yokohama, I knew the (relatively simple and short) way home and even afforded myself a quick stop in Kamata to eat one onigiri as a kind of late lunch. 

Anyway.




On a brighter note, my girlfriend is the best. And so is this.

2 kommentarer:

Em sa...

^_^
på tal om din coola flickvän, så kom jag på att mittpunkten för din tid i japan råkar inträffa på min börfdej.
coolt va?

Martin sa...

hey, det är ju coolt. då har jag halva tiden en 19-årig flickvän, och halva tiden en fett vuxen och uppstyrd 20-åring.
yo!