tisdag 12 maj 2009

Sappy go lucky


This weekend I visited Melody in Malmö, Sweden's link to the cursed lands of Denmark. She's been studying photography there since August, and is moving back to Stockholm in just three short weeks. This makes me happier than a pig in crap.
Melody is my Favorite Person In The World™, a title previously and occasionally held by Kim Gordon, Aragorn and this dude I met once.
She's funny, smart, unbelievably kind, pretty, cute, sweet, more cool than anyone. She smells good. She loves good food, music, books and film, and she cares about it. She knows everything and doesn't mind teaching me. She actually and continuously makes me happy. She is the best.

I arrived on Thursday morning, after a four-hour train ride that began around sunrise and which allowed me to unintentionally eavesdrop on a married couple's awkward conversation about breasts.
There was obviously none of that in Malmö, as me and Melody paraded the sunny streets in search of adventure. Or, as it were, cheap candy and Star Wars action figures.
In four days we made obnoxiously good food, watched Gilmore Girls, sat on a blanket under a warm sun, visited a library and a Vegan convention (sort of), rented a boat, fed ducks, made plans, took pictures of everything and otherwise enjoyed the hell out of ourselves. It was fantastic, and now Malmö seems like the most fun place on earth.

And I've almost started working. I had two days of introduction and initiation this week, whereby I was told and shown how business is conducted at my new workplace (which also happens to be my old workplace, but that's not very important.)
Work isn't my favorite thing in the world, and could largely be held accountable for some of the times I've wanted to kill myself. But that's a different story.
I try not to think too much about work when I'm not there. I guess I'm not very good at playing grown up.
I am however a serious tourist, as evidenced by the image below.

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Yay! kawaii! Vad söt Meldoy är, låter verkligen som din Malmövisit var sjukt bra! Jag har tydligen någon annan sjukdom som påminner om influensa men är värre eftersom man går runt och hostar i veckor efteråt, man kan dö om man inte får pencillin. Jag har fått det nu så det är inte synd om mig, men jag undrar m arne bär ansvaret för detta, arne med hans mystiska hosta. that son of a bitch. haha förra veckan vart jag faktiskt sur på honom och kallade honom asshole, det är konstigt med arne. man gillar honom mindre och miindre för varje dag som går. Tragiskt nog har jag gått från att ha arne och de två svenska tjejerna till ingen alls eftersom alla är så störiga. Lyckligvis känner jag några japaner som jag kan leka med. Lever dessutom för sista veckan i maj då jag får umgås med vänner hemifrån. Imorgon är det min födelsedag och ghibli verkar avläget. min hosta är livfarlig för gamla och små barn, så jag ska undvika ställen med mycket sånt folk. Varav hello kittyland också går bort. Jaja det får väl bli det lokala akvariet. Lär ju suga hårt. haha men en rolig historia att berätta!
Ska försöka uppdater amin blogg efter helgen, just nu orkar jag inte för jag är lat :D
byebye now, sanna

Anonym sa...

ps! jag skriver osm en kråka! MELODY ska det vara, inte meldoy

beardonaut sa...

Melody in Malmö. Sounds like a character in a novel. Excellent.

And you could spend time doing considerably worse things than hunting candy and Star Wars action figures. Go you.